500g pork liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tbsp. oil
3-4 cloves garlic
200g chicken liver
1-2 pcs. labuyo
2 pcs. laurel leaf
1 tbsp. whole peppercorn
1/3 cup soy sauce
½ cup vinegar
1 cup water
- In a pan, saute chicken liver and labuyo for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and puree (add little water if needed when blending). Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the pork and add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the pureed liver and pour the soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2-2½ hours until pork is soft and sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.