1 kg. chicken (cut into serving pieces)
2 thumbsize Turmeric (luyang dilaw), diced
5 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 medium Onion, diced
3 tbsp. White Vinegar
3 cups Water
2 pcs. Bay Leaves(laurel)
Cooking Oil for sauteing
salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, garlic and turmeric or luyang dilaw in 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Add chicken and cook or brown for a bit.
- Add the vinegar, salt, pepper and bay leaves. DO NOT STIR so the vinegar will not taste too fresh and strong.
- Add some water and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.