1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/3 cup white vinegar
2 to 3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. crushed garlic
salt to taste
1/4 tsp. pepper (or 1 tsp. peppercorn)
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp. Oil
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt (to taste) and pepper (or peppercorn). Stir to blend and then add into the brown chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow simmering uncovered for about 10 minutes. If the sauce is reduced add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and continue simmering until chicken is tender. Pour coconut milk and add the chili pepper.
- Cook for another few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve hot.