1 lb. Mussels, cleaned and shell removed
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
4 pieces dried bay leaves
½ tablespoon whole peppercorn
2 tablespoons toasted garlic (click here for the recipe)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Put-in the crushed garlic and whole peppercorn. Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add the mussels. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the bay leaves, add the soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of toasted garlic. Let it boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let the liquid reboil. Stir and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with the remaining toasted garlic. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!