1 kilo pork belly, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 head garlic, crushed and peeled
1 Tbsp. black peppercorns, crushed
1 laurel leaf or bay leaf
½ cup vinegar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 cups water
- Combine the pork belly, garlic, peppercorns, and laurel leaf in a pot.
- Pour water just enough to cover the pork and simmer until pork is tender.
- Pour in vinegar and a pinch of salt then continue simmering until the broth is thickened.
- Pour the broth into a bowl and set aside leaving the pork in the pot.
- Add oil to the pork and fry until the meat is brown and the fat is slightly toasted.
- Pour in soy sauce and stir cook for a few minutes.
- Return the broth to the meat and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with ordinary cooked rice or java rice