1 lb string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
¼ lb pork belly, thinly sliced (optional)
½ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup vinegar
1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
4 to 6 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup water
- Heat a frying pan or wok then sear the pork.
- When oil and juice comes out of the pork, add garlic and onions then cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the soy sauce, vinegar, and water then bring to a boil.
- Shake-in the ground black pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the string beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!