- 500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, sweet soy sauce and vinegar.
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and fry marinated chicken for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce oil to 1 tablespoon. Add garlic then fry until light brown.
- Pour marinade and chicken broth then simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add sugar then season with salt according to taste.
- Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.