4 pcs firm tofu
1 small Onion
5 cloves of Garlic
¾ cup of soy sauce (low salt or Filipino brand)
2 TBSP vinegar
2 bay leafs (aka Laurel leaf)
- Lightly fry the pieces of tofu until lightly browned on each side.
- When cooked, chop up into smallish cubes and put in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and bay leaves to the tofu and leave covered for about 15 minutes (The marinating isn’t so important as tofu absorbs the flavour of whatever it’s in so fast).
- Whilst waiting for the tofu, lightly fry the garlic and onion.
- When the tofu is finished, or you got bored of waiting for it, add the tofu and sauce to the onion and garlic.
- Add about half a cup of water to the sauce and allow to similar for about 10 mins.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Then it’s time to eat this delightful tangy and salty dish.