- 1 lb. shrimp, with shell and head removed.
- 4 to 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon white or cane vinegar
- 5 to 6 clove garlic, pressed through garlic press or minced to paste
- 60 g spaghetti4
- ½ cup water
- Cooking Oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and whole peppercorn once the oil becomes hot. Continue until the garlic turns medium brown.
- Put-in the Shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes or until the color of the shrimp turns orangey.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and water. Stir and let boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the dried bay leaves and vinegar. Cover. Let boil to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the coconut milk. Let boil and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and arrange in a serving bowl.
- Continue to cook the sauce until it becomes thick then pour the sauce over the shrimp in the serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!